Maybe you’ve been through a difficult patch recently, and you’re feeling low or anxious. Maybe you don’t really have anything specific to talk about, just a general feeling of not-quite-rightness. Or maybe you’ve been through something traumatic in your past that seems to affect you in your life today and you’re not quite sure how to deal with it.
Or maybe it’s the opposite, you want more; more of life, more of your voice, more meaning and depth in your life or relationships and you’d like support to get there, and space to explore the journey.
I have a number of years experience working with women and girls, both around experiences of gender based violence and addiction, but also with broader themes that affect us all. As we move through life, relationships happen or don’t happen, friendships are easy or hard. Grief comes, in one way or another. We try to find fulfillment and meaning in a world where that doesn’t always come easily.
Below, I list some of the areas that I have an interest in and experience of working with:
- Abuse; including emotional, psychological, physical, sexual, religious and financial abuse
- Addictive processes; from alcohol and substance misuse, to workaholism
- Anxiety, panic and stress
- Depression, low mood and persistent sadness, including suicidality and self-harm
- Self-esteem issues
- Grief, loss and bereavement, including traumatic loss
- Existential concerns. The big questions of life; death, meaning / purpose, aloneness
- The pre and post natal experience & mothering
- Gender and sexuality
- Relational patterns and attachment styles: the patterns that we bring to our adult lives that have their roots in our past
- Trauma, PTSD and post-traumatic growth
You don’t have to be struggling to come to therapy, so I also work with:
- Personal growth and fulfillment
- Love / romance / dating / relationships
If you have something to talk about that is not on the list, then please don’t let this put you off getting in touch. A number of studies – and my personal experience – suggest that finding the right person to support you is by far the biggest factor in making changes through therapy.
Get in touch or book an appointment here.
As ever, take care of yourself and I hope you find a resolution to whatever brings you searching.